Attractions & Activities
Pattaya City - Activities & Places of Interest
The Beaches and City of Pattaya
are providing plenty of land recreation, a number of excellent 18-hole golf clubs, while other sporting options include tennis, horse-back riding, go-kart racing, shooting, archery, bowling, snooker...the list goes on. There is even a motor racing track. True to its city status, Pattaya, unlike other beach resorts, shows no slackening of pace after sundown. South Pattaya, popularly referred to as "The Strip", is packed with all kinds of restaurants, bars, discos, and shops. If South Pattaya is a trifle overwhelming, those seeking quieter opportunities for shopping, dining and evening entertainment will not be disappointed. Such has been the development of the resort in recent years that full amenities are now to be found throughout Pattaya which extends well inland from the bay.
|Bira international Circuit
|Pattaya Shooting Rage
||LakeLand Cable Ski
|Pattaya Kart Speed Way
||Horse Shoe Point
|Pattaya Shooting Club
||Jo Jo Horse Riding
||Jungle Bungy Jump
|Mermaids Dive Center
||Pattaya Bungy Jump
|Pattaya Park Tower
Shopping possibilities are as varied as Pattaya's other attractions. Souveniers, handicrafts, gems and jewellery, ready-to-wear and custom-tailored clothing, paintings and more are all to be found along "The Strip" and increasingly at smart shops and department stores throughout the resort.
Places of Interest
With many interesting attractions in and around Pattaya, visitors can have a variety of do-it-yourself day trips to keep their holidays fun-filled and enjoyable.
Mini Siam & Mini Europe - Located near Pattaya Klang, it displays Thai and European heritage on a miniature scale. This is the third miniature town in the world after the Netherlands and Taiwan that brings together models of important objects and historical sites of different culture, and civilizations of various periods from the ancient time till the present. More than 100 models, each on a scale of 1:25, are displays in an area of 29 rai, surrounded by natural scenaries blended with different types of well selected trees.
Open from 7.00-22.00 hrs. Call (038) 421628 for more details.
Million Years Stone Park & Crocodile Farm - Located some 9 kilometres from Pattaya township, comprises breeding pens with more than 1,000 crocodiles, a zoo, and a bonsai garden decorated with rock formations.
Open daily from 8.30-18.00 hrs. There are crocodile shows at 11.00, 14.00 and 16.30 hrs. For more information please contact Tel. 5795033 Bangkok or (038) 249347-9 Pattaya
Wat Yansangwararam - A temple under the king's patronage is unique for it's modern Thai architecture. Here meditation courses are available at 16.00 and 18.00 hrs. The temple is 12 kilometers south of Pattaya and only 3 kilometers from Nong Nooch Village. Call (038) 237642 for further information. Nearby is a chinese-style building called "Wihan Sian" housing antiques and art objects from China. Admission fee is 30 baht per person.
Siam Country Club - Located at Km. 145 on Sukhumvit Highway, with the left turn about 11 kilometers. With 6,448 yards, par 72, it is one of country's most challenging courses with lots of wooded hills. The course offers accommodation in a beautiful hilly landscape.
Pattaya Elephant Village
- Is on the road to Siam Country Club Golf Courses. The village shows elephant displaying forestry skills, playing football and re-enactment of the war elephant parade. The village also demonstrates how wild elephants were captured in the northeastern part of Thailand. Daily show time is at 14.30 P.M.
- 5 kms. off Pattaya City on the road to Siam Country Club Golf Course, offers a tropical garden setting. The park has with fishing gears for a wellstocked fishing pond. With bungalow accommodations, restaurant, jogging and cycling paths, boating and water-cycling. It gives an up-country experience for staying overnight there.
The Bira International Circuit (Pattaya)
Located at Km. 14 on Route 36 to Rayong, offers international motor and motorcycle racing occationally. The 2.4 kilometers circuit is ideal for formula 3 races. For the one who loves speed and would like to experience real thing on the racing track, the circuit opens every day. For more details Tel. 5877448.
- located 2 kilometers from south Pattaya. White sandy beach is good for swimming. Reasonable accommodation is also available.
- Between south Pattaya and Jomtien Beach, is a water amusement park with water sliders, whirlpools and large pool for childern. Admission fee is B 100. Open from 9.00-18.00 hrs. Accommodation is available.
Nong Nooch - Covers an area of some 500 acres about 15 kilometers from South Pattaya. It is a Thai-village-style park. The entire area is beautifully landscaped, with orchid nursery and other botanical gardens. There are also cultural and traditional performances and an elephant show.
Bang Saray fishing village
- is a few kilometers off the main highway at km. 164, offers deep-sea fishing opportunities. There are also other recreational facilities at the local hotels
- 45 minutes offshore by tourist boat or 15 minutes by speed boat, is the largest of Pattaya's islands. Major attractions include viewing coral reefs from glassbottomed boats, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, skiing and parasailing. There are many seafood restaurants on the island's main beaches. Deep sea fishing can be arranged to Ko Lan's neighbouring islands such as Ko Khrok and Ko Sak.
Beyond Ko Lan
- another 40 minutes sail is Ko Phai (island) currently under the care of the Royal Navy. It has beautiful deserted beaches. Visitors are not allowed to stay overnight. All the nearby islands are easy to get to and charters can be arranged through the hotels or tour companies or by negotiating a price direct with the boat owners. Boat charters cost 700-1,500 baht per day depending on high or low season and the size of the boat.
Pattaya Festival - Pattaya resort puts on its most festival face for this annual event, held in April at the height of the summer season. Food and floral floats, beauty contests, stalls selling local delicacies, and a spectacular display of fireworks on the beach are only a few of the highlights that will be seen.